My boss sent me an invite to Google+ a few days ago and I signed up just to see what it looked like. First impression: eh. Today, I’ve been playing around with it and actually digging in. Google+ is much more enjoyable when you have people in your circles. Imagine that! What do I like about Google+?
- It’s very clean
- You can show streams based solely on a specific circle
- You can send posts to specific circles instead of broadcasting
- You can broadcast your posts as well, if that’s what you want
- There are no games, hence no game requests or posts! (I’m sure it’s coming)
- You can search for people based on their interests. Cool way to hook up with people that share your passions in life!
- It’s somewhat user friendly (they have a few things to work out, of course)
Would I dump my Facebook account for Google+? Possibly. It would depend on whether my family would migrate over to Facebook. Unfortunately, my Facebook friends have gotten out of control and I can’t remove certain people without stepping on toes…you know how that goes. We’ll give it some time and see if Google+ takes off when it’s open to the public.
So, in the meantime I will continue to play around with it and see if I can expand my circles! You can find me at +Tammy Salo. Stop by and say hi!
Some other blog posts of note:
Kristen Lamb’s Initial Thoughts on Google+
Rebecca Enzor’s Google+ Initial Impressions
Brooke Johnson’s Google+
Erin Brambilla’s Confused about Google+? Join the club
Chuck Wendig’s Of Google-Plus And Circle Jerks
Alli Boyer’s My Initial Good+ Impressions