I spent quite a bit of the evening yesterday cutting up 300 2″ squares to get ready for today’s sewing extravaganza!
Thankfully, all we had to do today was sew, sew, sew. I arrived at my Aunt Linda’s house at 9:15 and we didn’t finish sewing the blocks until 5:00pm. We did take a little over an hour for lunch, but still it was a packed day!
We tried to make sure we had a different color wave in each unit (4 individual squares to make a block). That got a little tedious after a bit because some of the squares could only be turned one direction, where some of them could go whichever direction.
After cutting all of those small green squares I thought we’d have plenty left over in case we goofed something up. However, we ended up using ALL of the green squares and almost didn’t have enough individual charm squares to complete the quilt top! We weren’t able to sew the quilt top together, but all of the blocks are done and ready to be arranged and quilted! I’m so excited to see this quilt coming together!