So, yesterday I vented a bit about my sewing machine not working. My husband and I left work early to make it to the quilt store (It’s a Stitch; where we purchased the machine) before they closed at 5:30. I was dreading it because I figured I’d get some sort of news like “Well, it’s past the 90 day….” you all know the spiel. Suzanne looked at my machine for a bit and determined that the feed dogs were indeed not working and not because of user error! So, she took it to the techs in the back for them to look at it. In the meantime I was registering for my Bernina classes when the tech came to the front and told me that all he had to do was push the feed dogs back and they started working again. I sighed and said “ok” thinking I would be perpetually pushing my feed dogs around. Terry (the sewing dept manager) told him that we needed to get that fixed because there is no reason I should be having these problems with a machine that was purchased in October. So, they took my machine away to be fixed and I was left with nothing.
Or so I thought! Terry was nice enough to get me a loaner machine to use until mine was fixed. How awesome is that?!
I packed up the loaner and we headed back home. Finally, I was going to be able to get Heidi’s bee block done and mailed out! Then I get a phone call from the store…I had left my purse there. Way to go, Tammy! Great job spacing out there! They locked it up for me so I could pick it up today.
When we got home I hooked up the loaner and started working away on the block. It was tough. We had a lot of triangles and I’m not very good at keeping triangles in the correct shape when it comes to the biased side. However, I was happy with how the block was turning out. I liked the way this block was looking.
Until this happened:
This was all a result of me goofing up my cut on this triangle and trying to make it work…it obviously didn’t work!
Shame on me for even trying! When I picked my purse up from the store I also picked up some white fabric to replace the above monstrosity. I also picked up several other fabrics…whoops! Stay tuned for my post on my favorite quilt store!
I’m sorry I’ve been out of touch lately. My grandfather passed away and I just needed to take some time to myself. It was a time for me to catch up with my family and figure out where my priorities lie. During this time, I placed a couple of packages on the table and hadn’t opened them. Today when I got home, I had 3 more packages that came in. Holy cow!! So, I spent tonight opening up those packages and it was so much fun that it felt like Christmas again! So, what did I get?!
From Heidi Too!
From Ruth Too
??? I had Wanda’s envelope with this one but I think I got it mixed up
Aren’t they all lovely?! I can’t wait to put them all together to see how they come out, but I have to put my design wall together first. A big thank you to Heidi, Tracy, Wanda, Frieda, Ruth and someone unknown at this time! Unfortunately, I got some of the blocks mixed up and I’m not sure if I have the right names on them. Hopefully, the ladies will correct me!
December was my month to send out fabric and my block choice for the Nittany Block Party Online Quilting Bee. I left it slightly open so everyone could add a little of their personality to the blocks. The request: Create two blocks of trees with the the fabric provided plus at least one scrap from their own stash. I didn’t care how they made the trees. Variety is the spice of life.
Well….yesterday I got my first blocks in!! Carla did such a great job. I absolutely love the bird and the use of the selvage edge for ornaments!
Ruby says “hi”!
I finished sewing up Heidi’s Blocks. She is the leader of our little online quilting bee! I really liked the way these turned out. I can’t wait to see the finished product! On another note, these were the first blocks that I’ve done that had corners line up almost perfectly. Woohoo…probably thanks to my Bernina!
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!
I was able to spend most of the day today catching up on my Nittany Online Quilting Bee Gals! I have so much more I want to do, but I need to get these done and sent out as soon as I can.
First was Beth’s block. She asked for us to do one with our own scraps as well. I’ll do that one tomorrow or Sunday.
Then it was time to do Frieda’s block. She told us to do whatever we wanted…which was a little tough for me because I wasn’t sure what to do with the charms. I was pleased with how it ended up!
I’m almost finished with Heidi’s blocks…just need to sew them together!
More to come soon!