You say it’s your birthday…
I am 36 years old today. Thirty-Six…that’s 4 years shy of 40. While age has never really mattered to me, I’m left wondering where all that time went. I swear I was just 28 last year! Many of my family and friends sent me birthday wishes and my parents called from the airport to tell me happy birthday. I feel very blessed to have such thoughtful people in my life. Of course, Facebook helps to remind people too! hahaha
Since it was my day of celebration, I decided to take the day off of running and do a Birthday WOD instead. It was short but sweet.
36 Push Ups (Competition Style)
36 Sit Ups (Butterfly)
Finished in 2:36
The push ups were the hardest of the bunch. I had to stop around # 26 to stretch my arms before finishing up. However, I’m well aware that my upper body strength is weaker than my lower body.
Mike and I went out to dinner at Chili’s and had a Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie…yummm. I think I ate enough calories/carbs today to last me a week! Of course, Mike helped me eat it. What a great guy that he’s willing to take on the extra calories/carbs so I don’t eat them all! haha…
I was thinking earlier today that I am probably at my healthiest at 36 than I ever have been. Over the past year I’ve:
1) Lost 25lbs (probably more than that thanks to gaining and re-losing!)
2) Started CrossFit (and debated not going back!)
4) Completed the 30 Day Paleo Challenge
5) Celebrated our 7th anniversary by walking the equivalent of a 1/2 marathon
6) Battled Cancer by running Bill Crew’s Remission Run (5K)
7) Completed my first 1/2 Marathon Race.
8) PR’d using more weight than I ever thought I would
9) Met Charlaine Harris
10) Started writing again
11) Got my dream machine
12) Competed in my first 10 mile race
All in all, I think this past year has been a success. I’m still struggling with eating correctly and increasing my endurance/speed/strength, but I’m moving in the right general direction! Let’s hope this next year is even more successful. After all, I have my marathon coming up on Jan. 1st (if I don’t drop down to a 1/2).